Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year!




Did you know that this is the Year of the Pig? Today is Chinese New Year--I hope we will celebrate it by having Chinese food for dinner.

Much has happened since I last wrote. On February 11, I was honored to receive a Madison Art Society Award for my painting entitled "Lord's Cove, Tidal Marsh," which was chosen as the members' favorite in the Associate Artist category. On exhibit right now in their show at the Scranton Memorial Library in Madison, Connecticut, it is a 9 x 12 oil on linen. Perhaps someone will like it enough to buy it.

Anyway, I have been very remiss in writing, partly because I have been away on holiday. Roger and I were married on Valentine's Day, 1980. It doesn't seem possible that 27 years have flown by. Well, we watched the Northeaster's snow & sleet from the comfort of the Inn at Woodstock Hill here in Connecticut. Built in 1816, this inn boasts four fireplaces in each of the public rooms so we were toasty and cozy during our anniversary getaway. While there, I enjoyed painting a watercolor a day of the view from three different windows: a gnarled tree outside our bedroom during the height of the storm, the fields and hillside from a private dining room next morning, and a birch tree standing sentinel outside the main parlor the day before we left. I haven't played with my watercolors for too long. It was challenging but fun.





No comments: