Friday, April 27, 2007

Forsythia Is Blooming!

I can't believe that it's been over a month since I've written. I've been very busy painting, getting ready for the Expressions Benefit Art Show and Sale that opens tonight at the Lyme Art Association, and preparing for the coming art openings at the various associations to which I belong.

Meanwhile, SPRING HAS SPRUNG! My favorite forsythia bush is blooming at last! It is as beautiful as when I first painted it two years ago. I wish the forsythia bush in my own yard were as elegant as the one in my "April Morning" painting. Yesterday, I was out painting in my side yard not far from my skimpy forsythia bush; by the time I quit, I was frozen despite the winter jacket that I had been wearing--it surely didn't feel like spring.

I hope it warms up by Sunday. I'll be painting at the Mark Twain House in Hartford with other members of the Connecticut Plein Air Painters Society. I'm looking forward to it.

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

No comments: