Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm no Peter Poskas, but I do love Connecticut farms!

I am so grateful to Jay Babina of the Madison Art Society for introducing me to Peter Poskas yesterday.  Six of Mr. Poskas's landscape paintings are available for sale at the Cooley Gallery in Old Lyme, Connecticut, for $25,000 each--and I can see why.  They evoke the spirit of  typical Connecticut farms, which unfortunately seem to be growing fewer each year.  Here is the link that Jay sent me.  If you to visit this website, I suspect you'll be as overwhelmed as I with the incredible beauty of these landscapes: 



I was so excited to see these paintings that I took Jay's suggestion to look up Peter Poskas's book, The Illuminated Landscape.  I found it on line at Amazon.com last evening and just got an email from them saying that it's been shipped already! I  can't wait till my copy arrives.  I know I'll be in for a treat!  

A few weeks ago I spent two days painting at Tiffany Farm in Old Lyme.  This is the result.
If you are interested in this 10" x 20" oil on stretched canvas, please contact me.
I'd like to go back to Tiffany's and repaint this scene after I have a chance to read Mr. Poskas's Illuminated Landscape.

No comments: