Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Finished (?) Still Life

Still Life with Fruit, pastel, 9 x 12" by Joan Cole 2011

          Well, I think I've finished the pastel I began in Claudia Post's class on Tuesday at Maple & Main Gallery in Chester, Connecticut.  I will be eager to hear at next Tuesday's class the critique of my fellow artists and Claudia herself.  I lost track of time Thursday evening as I was working to bring this piece from the way it looked in my previous post to what it is now.  It certainly was a much warmer activity than the outdoor paintings I had been working on last weekend.


          As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I had begun two plein air paintings of the same view of our lake and the surrounding snow-covered woodlands.  Unfortunately, the snow gradually began to melt from Monday until Friday.  Luckily for me, snow began falling yesterday afternoon, and now the lake and the ground are back to white.  So I'm hoping I'll be able to finish one or both of those oil paintings this weekend.  I've got my fingers crossed....  We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: