Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Have A Confession To Make....

"Mark Island Light," 6 x 12" acrylic on stretched canvas, copyright Joan Cole

I have been painting for more years than half the population of the United States.  (If I were more knowledgeable about statistics, that figure should probably be 75% or 99.44%!)

Anyway, for years now I have been marketing myself as an artist.  I have been fortunate enough to sell my work for more than 40 years.  I have been in a gallery daily for over two years, even serving as its president for one.
"The Saco River," 11 x 14" acrylic on stretched linen, copyright Joan Cole

But I have a secret to tell you.  I never really believed that I was an artist, even though I knew I had to pretend to be one if I were to sell my work. 

Having been one of the four artists in The Maine Attraction Art Exhibit I can honestly say that this morning I awoke with the realization that I really AM! 

I just had to confess.

The show closes at 6 PM today.  If there is any way you can come, you will be in for a treat.  The Maine Attraction is amazing, if I do say so myself!
"Rainy Twilight," 10 x 8" acrylic on linen, copyright Joan Cole

(NOTE:  These are three of the paintings that I've sold at the show.)

No comments: