Thursday, June 9, 2011

The colors in "Day's End" must be seen to be appreciated....

"Day's End,"  24" x 12" acrylic on stretched canvas, $625, copyright by Joan Cole
....They are the result of my applying layer upon layer of transparent acrylic pigments to the canvas.  "Day's End" is another of my latest paintings which is on display in the summer show, opening at Maple & Main Gallery in Chester tomorrow.  Unlike "Clearing" which has already been sold (as I mentioned in yesterday's post), "Day's End" is still available for purchase.  I look forward to seeing you at the opening between 5 and 8 PM.

2 comments:

Calista said...

"Days End" is one of my favorite of your latest works. Whoever ends up owning it will have a real treasure. I wish it would have fit in my suitcase!

Joan Cole said...

Thank you so much, Calista. Living in the desert as you do, you must dream of a view of the ocean like this!