Wednesday, March 7, 2012

New Haven Paint & Clay Opening, Sunday!

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged.  The hand surgery I had definitely put a stop to many of my activities, including painting and writing.  Today is my first day to get used to my "new" (as in "replacement") joint in my index finger.  What a joy!  (But not without pain, at this point.  I need to go slowly.)

"Rainy Sunrise at Whitehead, Monhegan, Maine," 11" x 14" acrylic on Irish linen on gatorboard, copyright Joan Cole
I just wanted to invite everyone to join me at the opening on Sunday, March 11, from 2 to 5 at New Haven Paint & Clay's 111th Annual Juried Art Exhibition.  It's at The John Slade Ely House, 91 Trumbull Street, New Haven, CT 06510.  I'm so pleased to be able to say that my acrylic "Rainy Sunrise at Whitehead, Monhegan, Maine" was chosen to hang among the works of other artists of New England and NewYork.

No comments: